Pages

Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

You Suck Negative Nancy!!!

So you'll notice that I get a little ranty when I talk about something I'm passionate about, and I'm very passionate about positivity so put your rant pants on. I can't tell you how many times I've been chatting with a friend or family member only to have them go on a tirade about someone in their life that causes repeated conflict. You know the drill, the coworker that constantly bashes her mom or your friend that won't shut up about her other equally irritating friend. It gets annoying. Fast. Now I understand that we all need to vent about our relationships, even if they're great (or perfect, like mine. LOLSIES). I think that's a healthy way to let go of frustration and build camaraderie with others, I'm not talking about that. I'm talking about the people in your life that piss and moan and complain about the SAME people EVERY day. Drama drama drama.

Why do you think those people keep those relationships around? Or seem to make little to no effort to change or improve them? Better yet, what relationships in your life are just like that? We all have them. People that don't really seem to give a hootenanny about us, yet we try and try again to make it work and keep the relationship limping along. The problem with negative people and relationships is that they bring you down. You waste precious time and energy trying to salvage something that just isn't there. Most of these types of relationships are also very parasitic. Totally one sided. You give, give, give and give some more only to get unreturned phone calls and flaky text messages in return. Think about the people you have in your life and ask yourself this question, 'If I never called or made plans with fill-in-the-blank ever again, would I ever hear from them again?'. If the answer is NO, that person would more than likely drop off the face of the earth (unless they wanted something), then consider kicking that relationship to the curb.

I said I was passionate about positivity. Here's why. What you put out into the world is what you get back. If someone in your life pees on your parade constantly and puts you in a craptastic mood, guess what, your going to get craptastic right back. If you surround yourself with awesome people who are oozing with inspiration and positivity, and who hold you up when you can't do it on your own, you can't help but be awesome yourself. You can't sit in a tub of purple Easter egg dye and not turn purple, know what I mean? Negativity is like a big black cancer that feeds off of the good things in your life. It sucks the energy out of a perfectly good day. When you start to feel it creeping in, be aware of it. Stop yourself and press the mental reset button, play your favorite Lady GaGa song in your head and attack the rest of the day with FIERCE positivity. I bet that negativity will be so shocked it doesn't show its slimy little face for days. If someone pisses you off, compliment them. If you don't want to call your grandma, call her TWICE tomorrow. Punch negativity right in the face and bask in the glow of the beautiful energy you'll get in return.

The next time you GOL (groan out loud) when that certain someone shows up on your call display, do yourself a favor and perform a relationship inventory. Do you really need that bullpoop? Probably not. So next time, don't answer the phone, go help an old lady cross the street instead and help put an end to negativity's reign in your life.

Tomorrow I want you to be irritatingly positive. I want kittens and rainbows and sunshine to ooze out of your pores. Betcha you'll have an AWESOME day. Betcha.

Meg

1 comment:

  1. I do not even know how I ended up here, but I thought this post was great. I don't know who you are but definitely you're going to a famous blogger if you are not already ;) Cheers!
    BLACKHAWK! Omega Elite Dump Pouch

    ReplyDelete