Pages

Search This Blog

Monday, January 30, 2012

Project Wedding Dress

So I've been putting a lot of thought into what I want to wear for our upcoming show. We need a bikini and evening gown for the Diva Bikini model portion and a bikini and theme wear outfit for the Diva Fitness model portion. The whole process has been really fun and exciting, how often do have the chance to wear and help design custom made clothing?

As I was thinking about my evening gown options it suddenly occured to me that I have a beautiful gown sitting in my closet, a gown that won't see the light of day again if I don't do something with it. My wedding dress! So I've made the decision that I'll use this iconic dress, the dress that represents the 'old' me, and transform it into a one of a kind representation of the 'new' Meg.

So often our wedding dresses sit in the closet or in boxes never to be worn again. I completely understand why women hold on to them, hold on to that memory and the feeling they had when they wore that dress. For many of us we were in the best shape of our lives on our wedding day and our dresses represent us at our finest, and our happiest. I want to use that dress because I want it to represent an evolution. The evolution of who I was on my wedding day to the person that I am now; buying a brand new dress would be great, but there is such significance attached to that gown.

Life is change, transition, moving forward. My wedding day was one of the happiest days of my life, next to the birth of my son. I want to take that memory, transform it and evolutionize it, and share it with the world.

There are still parts of me that are the same as they were when I got married, but so much has changed. I guess that's why this is so important to me. I don't want to stand up there in a shiny new dress, I don't want people to think that I'm a completely different person just because the package is looks a little different. That part of me needs to be represented on that stage, and I think this is a perfect way to do it.

I am so honored to be sharing this experience with you all. Hopefully I'll get to meet some of you soon at the WBFF show here in Calgary where you can see the dress first hand. : )

The courageous dress designer that's taken on Project Wedding Dress is the local and oh-so talented Anya from Dionne Dionne. You can check out her other work at http://www.dionnedionne.com/.

Meg
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment