Pages

Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Dear Bree: The Importance of an Awesome Personal Trainer

I want to take a minute to express my gratitude and appreciation for a person who has taken an active interest in my success, and who has had a huge impact on my life since we met. I met Bree Lind at the beginning of January when Amanda and I decided to start this project, and her enthusiasm to work with us was absolutely contagious. Her positive reaction and affirmation that our goals were achievable gave me the extra push I needed to really take this seriously and to give it 100%. She has gone so far above and beyond the normal scope of practice for a personal trainer; making meal plans, sharing tips and secrets, prepping for competition, answering relentless texts and emails, and checking in on us to make sure we’re adapting and coping as best as possible.

Bree is infectiously positive, I can’t stress enough how vital this has been for my success this far. She has a work load that anyone would find difficult to manage but she always has a smile on her face and isn’t afraid to take on the next challenge. Because her story started out similar to my own just seeing her and what she’s been able to accomplish reminds me that truly, anything is possible.

Any trainer can give you a good workout, that’s what they get paid to do, but there’s a big difference between someone hovering over you and absent mindedly watching you perform an exercise and a trainer who is right there with you counting every rep, spotting you, and pushing you further than you ever thought imaginable. She is upbeat and encouraging but also focused and driven, she knows when and how to push you to your limits the right way. She knows when you have five more reps in you but she also knows when you don’t and when you might really hurt yourself. There are days when you want to cheat and fall off the bandwagon but a stern reminder from her keeps your head in the game and snaps you back to reality.

The world of personal training is insanely competitive, some are in it for the right reasons, some aren’t. Bree has given me something that I never thought I’d have, and that’s the personal power that she has and shares with others. She has given me the confidence to attack this dream with every fiber of my body, and that’s worth more than all the money in the world.

If you haven't had the privelidge of working with Bree or someone like her and you're struggling with your fitness goals, make an investment in yourself and your health and get a few sessions in. It's like walking into a room and never noticing a particular painting on the wall, but once it's pointed out to you you can't stop seeing it. We don't often realize on our own what our true potential is until someone else points it out to us, but once you've tasted it you can't let it go.

Meg 

2 comments:

  1. That is such a sweet post. i am so blessed to have such amazing clients.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No we're blessed to have such an awesome trainer!! :)

      Delete